Each member receives 2 JOURNALS and monthly issues of "On The Move" newsletters. These publications will keep you in touch with the latest happenings concerning P.E. and Health.
On the Move
The monthly "On the Move" publication goes out to all members via email. It is sent within the first week of every month as a link and summary of topics. The actual publication is linked to for download as a Microsoft Word Document. If you feel you are not receiving this publication and you are a current member, please contact Kim Wheeler at email@example.com.
The Journal comes out twice a year and the book is mailed directly to all members of IAHPERD. If you are not receiving or are planning on moving, please contact Kim Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to submit an article to the journal, please review the following.
Information for Authors
The Illinois Journal for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance publishes articles consistent with the purposes of IAHPERD and of general interest to the members. Articles must include practical applications for HPERD. Types of articles considered include the following:
- Scholarly articles
- Research reports
- Innovative programs
- Trends and issues
- IAHPERD grant summaries
- Book/software reviews
Guidelines for Submitting Journal Articles
The Illinois Journal is published twice each year, in the Fall and Spring. Manuscripts should be sent to Sarah Buck, Research Editor, as an e-mail attachment in Microsoft Word Document formats (email@example.com). Scholarly articles will undergo peer review and be accepted, accepted pending revision or rejected for publication. Once accepted in final form, articles will be published in the next available issue of the Illinois Journal.
Articles submitted for publication to the Illinois Journal should not have been published, accepted for publication and should not be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
The following guidelines should be observed during the submission process:
- Manuscripts should be prepared using Microsoft Word Document formats.
- Research articles should include a 150-200 word abstract and contain the following sections: Purpose, Method, Results, and Discussion/Conclusion.
- The content of the manuscript should be double-spaced, and line numbers should be inserted throughout.
- The first page should be a title page including the title of the manuscript, the author(s) name(s), position(s), school/institution/affiliation(s), the corresponding author’s mailing address, e-mail address and telephone number.
- Pages should be numbered consecutively
- Photos and figures should be submitted electronically with high-resolution and proper labeling
- All formatting within the manuscript must follow current American Psychological Association (APA) Guidelines.
- Extensive statistical information should be reported in tables or figures whenever possible.
- Manuscripts, including all tables, figures, abstract, and references, should not exceed 20 pages
Please contact the research editor for information regarding book reviews.
Reviewing and Editing
Each scholarly manuscript will be submitted to blind review by members of the Editorial Board. The Editor has the option to appoint reviewers who have specialized expertise to assist with the review process if necessary. Reasons for rejecting articles may include (but are not limited to): the topic is not of sufficient interest to the profession, the topic is not of sufficient relevance or is not unique, the topic is of local rather than state-wide interest, the discussion is too vague or too general, the article is poorly written, the research design is inadequate or the manuscript does not meet the aforementioned guidelines. Accepted manuscripts are subject to editing to conform to the Illinois Journal format.