Jump Rope/Hoops Grant
Guidelines. Due date Feb 15th. Preference for funding will be given to research linked to K-12 age group. Applicants must be current members of IAHPERD
Grant limit will be $5000.00.
Grants that request more than $5000.00 will not be eligible for review.
- Grant Research Cover letter and Grant Application Cover Page
- Title page – Project title, Name of applicant
- Describe the research project- a total of no more that 6 double spaced pages. This should include an abstract, introduction, procedures/methods, evaluation process and bibliography. Please provide rationale and justification for why IAHPERD should fund the proposal.
- Budget – include a detailed budget with justification. Also include indirect costs and any other support funding.
- Budget line item -Travel money – The spirit of the travel money is to give money for travel needed to conduct the study and to give money for travel for the study to be presented at IAHPERD
- not to give travel money to travel to national conventions. (Travel may not exceed $500.00)
- Indirect costs may not exceed 3%.
- Please submit the grant proposal in Microsoft word format. The application cover page - with signatures - may be faxed to (217) 581-7973 - attention Mark Kattenbraker
The IAHPERD JRFH grant committee will review all grant applications and make recommendations for funding.
The IAHPERD executive board makes the final decision on whether the grants are funded.
All recipients must either present a summary of the project at the IAHPERD Convention or in an article in the IAHPERD Journal within 3 years after receipt of the award.
Recipients of grants will only be eligible to receive grants 2 years in a row. Then they will not be eligible for one year.
Please email proposals to Mark Kattenbraker - Grant Coordinator - no later than midnight on Feb 15th. firstname.lastname@example.org All recipients must either present a summary of the project at the IAHPERD Convention or in an article in the IAHPERD Journal within 3 years after receipt of the award.
Mark Kattenbraker, Ph.D.
Eastern Illinois University
Charleston, Illinois 61920
Phone: (217) 581-2215