IAHPERD Student Section Code of Conduct
Students should follow the appropriate behavior when attending IAHPERD functions and events. As a future professional you are representing yourself, the profession, and setting an example for those who follow. The following are guide lines that students should follow.
- Appropriately and professionally dress at all events.
- Conduct yourself as a future professional following the rules and guidelines at all events.
- Involve yourself in positive activities instead of destructive ones.
- Be polite and respectful to all IAHPERD professionals and hotel staff members.
- Watch how you conduct yourself at social events.
- Involve yourself professionally with the planned activities for your group.
These functions and events are some of the best times to network and for others to meet and get to know you for future job opportunities. You want them to remember you for the right reasons if they end sitting across from you during the interview process. Make the best of these opportunities.